Friday, September 30, 2011

Update on the Treasure Hunting guide

Update inside update:

Madness! The Loot Hunter guide is now finished. At least the 1-60 part that is. More to come later on :) If you participated in the testing and provided useful feedback or ideas and want to receive the finished product, contact me and you will receive a copy of the guide for free!

Because it took so much time to create and I don't want everyone to become a Loot Hunter, it won't be distributed for free. It costs $14 for the time being.

It will have more features too, such as complete NPCscan ID lists for all 500 rare creatures that only need to be placed into your addons folder.

For more information, check out: www.loot-hunter.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loot Hunter!
A lot of people have been asking how my 1-85 leveling+gold making guide that focuses on Treasure Hunting alone is coming along, so I thought I would give a little update on the process.

wow treasure hunt guide This is also one of the reasons I haven't been hunting for new gold making tricks lately. I would like to finish the guide asap so I can again prioritize this blog.




That said, the guide is about 60% finished now. User interface is nearly done too, at least enough for some testing to be done. I can't yet say when it's ready in case I want to improve it further. This is one of the reasons I would like a few "beta" testers for the guide so I can fix/add things before I release it.

treasure huntingBut if I had to guess, I'd say it's ready in a week or 3.

It's an old school guide currently, so it's not available as an addon yet. That means lots of alt+tabbing, but that will be remedied at some point! :)

But is it free?
I still plan to keep the guide free (mainly because most of the information in the guide can be found from wowhead), but there's always downsides to free guides. Main thing being certain treasure hunting secrets becoming too popular, making techniques lose their effect. So it may be free, or it may not. Depends on what the testers think of it.

In any case, if you want to give it a test, I would appreciate it! :) It's not finished, but it's enough ready that I could use some feedback on how to make it even better. I can give 5 copies away, so contact me fast if you are interested. I'm sure you know how to do that!
Do you want more gold tips? Don't forget to share!

13 comments :

Little Logan said...

I would love to test this for you =) I've been reading your blog for a few months now. zoebeagle [at] gmail dot. com

Kuja said...

Thank you :) I will send the guide your way once it's at that stage, which should be very soon.

Greatbarron said...

I would be interested in testing this guide out.

Kuja said...

Aight, I think I still have a spot for you. I need a way to contact you though.

mtfx said...

Kuja, I would love to test this as well. I have been reading your blog for about 5 months, pointed this way from consortium forums. Yours was the first gold blog I book marked! hopesyndrome at gmail_dot_com

I am particularly fond of anything enchating that you write. <3

Malarroy said...

Hey Kuja, this actually looks like a neat idea. You could always use an addon like TomTom for getting the coordinates ingame (And then just provide the macros in the guide).
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tomtom.aspx

Malarroy said...

You could also add all the rare mobs into your NPC_Scan and then copy the coding into the guide for other people to use ingame.

Zathanos Synn`Malache said...

I'd definitely like to give this a test run for you.

_Tbb_ said...

Hey Kuja, I would love to test the guide. i check your blog daily for your latest tips on gold making, if you wish to contact me at all it is: tbbwow@live.co.uk

thanks and i can't wait for the release of your guide (^.^)

Admin said...

Kuja,

Looks really interesting, I wish you the best of luck with it. I am looking forward to see the progress!

Alto.

André said...

Same has the above, I ceck your blog daily.

Would like to test, and provide feedback on this promissing addon.

Kuja said...

@André

It's not an addon yet :) Just a regular guide to be read with a browser until I know how to turn it into an addon.

André said...

Ok Kuja, will be happy to use and provide feedback anyway :) (ajfmnew@gmail.com)